LinkedIn is the single largest network of serious professionals in world. Though it is not as crowded as Facebook or Twitter but quality of business crowd is very high. It has over 259,000,000 users and 2,100,000 linkedIn groups and it gets almost 172,000 sign-ups every day!!
With such a large user base, LinkedIn successfully claims to have 1 registered user out of every 27 person on earth.
When I started SEO company, I got my first client though LinkedIn in the first month. If used effectively. LinkedIn can help you land up high paying clients with little effort.
How to engage the audience of your target audience on LinkedIn and generate more leads?
- Join active groups and participate in discussions. Share your opinion. Don’t try to push your marketing pitch everywhere. Participate with the sole intention of sharing knowledge. There are 200 conversation started every minute so you have a huge scope of participating. Or you can start your own discussions in relevant forums.
- Share useful information and links regularly but don’t spam. Share what others find useful be it a link, video or an info-graphics. A study has revealed that posting 20 status updates a month helps you reach 60% of unique audience monthly.
- Most of us make a mistake of posting updates too late in night or too early. Post between 9 to 10.30Am in morning. Posting updates in this time interval receives lots of engagement.
- It has been observed that posting a link drives 200% more engagement while images and videos drive 98% and 75% engagement in terms of comments and shares respectively.
- Use advanced search feature of LinkedIn to find your prospective customers and engage them.
- Last but not, least. Make your profile look professional.