Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the activity of optimizing the Websites of your firm in order to make them more search engine thus making them placed higher in the Search Engine results. In other words, what do you do when you need to find something over the internet? Most of the times, you open your
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the activity of optimizing the Websites of your firm in order to make them more search engine thus making them placed higher in the Search Engine results.
In other words, what do you do when you need to find something over the internet? Most of the times, you open your web explorer, type the name of your favorite search engine and then enter the keyword or phrase that you’re looking for and then you browse through the results.
What do you generally do? You generally click on the first link available and you get your answers. You only go to the second link if you don’t get the solution in the first link.
It is therefore very important from business point of view that your website is ranked higher in the search engine results. This process is called Search Engine Optimization.
For an example, if you are looking for a SEO Company, you will probably type “SEO Company” in any Google, Yahoo , Bing or any search engine.
More than 90% of the web users click on the first three results and according to our observation most of the people click on #1 link in the search engine result page. You will most probably contact the first three SEO companies looking for information and quote and choose on them.
The biggest advantage of SEO is that it is the most efficient and affordable way of getting website traffic. Besides, the website traffic received through search engines are highly interested in your services or product so they will most probably hire or buy from you.
The another advantage is that you can compete with big brand and even defeat them. Since big brands spend millions in marketing in News papers, TV ads, pay per click etc, it is almost impossible for a small company or start-up to compete with them.
But by adopting white hat SEO techniques, you can get your website in top on search engine without costing you a fortune.
What is Keyword Research & Analysis?
Understanding how the Search Engine works has two parts. The first part is where you understand how your website is ranked in the search engine. The second part is where you get to understand how pages are found over the search engine.
This is where the human element comes into the picture. The process by which you optimize your website involves proper keyword research and analysis.
Keyword Research is a practice where the SEO professionals find and research the terms people enter into the search engines and enter these keywords into their articles in order to achieve better rankings in their desired keywords.
Keyword Analysis is the process of analyzing which popular keywords define your products and services in the best way and using the same in your websites so as your website becomes popular on the search engine.
It is therefore very important to understand the importance of Keyword Analysis as proper keyword analysis is very important in order to optimize the search results on Search Engines.
Now you days, you can use Google Trand’s to find which keywords are hot in your niche and produce high quality content on the same topics to leverage link baiting techniques.
Beat the Keyword Competition for the Best Results
There is immense competition all over the web to be ranked higher in the search results. Beating the keyword competition involves understanding some basic concepts of organizing the keywords on the web content.
- Keyword Density: This explains the number of times the keyword appears in your article. It is good practice to repeat the keyword on the documents to the maximum number of times you can get away with but don’t spam. The content should make sense. Focus on the end user not on search engines.
- Keyword Weight: This refers to the number of keywords appearing on your web page as compared to other websites.
- Keyword Relevance: This explains the placement of keywords appearing on a web page in relation to each other or in relation to words with similar meaning.
- Keyword Grouping: It is the process of arranging the keywords and organizing and arranging them in such a way that maximum users look for it on the search engine in the same order as the keywords are presents the web content.
Organizing the keywords in an appropriate manner considering the density, weight, relevance and grouping is very much important for SEO.
Using the most important keywords in a contextually appropriate manner is very important to optimize the search results of your web content.
Keyword Research Process for Search Engine Optimization
The proper Keyword Research process involves checking for the following and applying the same on your web content.
- Words people would search for to find a product or service that you intend to sell.
- Problems that your prospective customers are trying to solve with your products or service.
- The keyword tags available on the competitor websites and the visible page copy on these websites.
- Following the Related Search Suggestions on the Search Engines.
- Expert SEO copyrights analyze your website carefully and find out the proper keywords best suiting for optimising your websites search results.
- Understanding stemming of keywords, i.e. what the root word is and what the search engine considers a match for it.
- Using the online SEO Keyword Research tools such as Google Keyword Tool. These tools will assist you through the entire process of Keyword Research.
So if want to optimize your website results for the Search Engines, you need not scratch your head too much. The online keyword Research tools will tell you everything about how you can do the SEO keyword research and will also provide you with the best web results.
What is Content Optimization?
There are large amount of content items posted by authorized websites and general users on various topics everyday on the web. These can be news, videos, photos, events or deals. To achieve proper content Optimization, we need to learn how to rank the web content. Optimization involves not just making the web content attractive but also appropriate in context of the keywords the internet users are looking for.
Some of the most important content optimization tips are as follows:
1) Place the most important keyword in Title of your content.
2) If possible, tactfully place the keywords in first line of paragraph but never compromise with quality.
3) If possible, put the keyword in last line of the paragraph too.
Summary: Learning proper Content Optimization is very important to make your website to be ranked highest on the search results of the most popular Search Engines. Putting the correct keywords in your documents efficiently is the most important task to make your website the most popular among its category. The keyword research tool over the web helps you through the process of SEO Optimization.
Entrepreneur, Virgo, speaker, writer, a pampered son & a loving brother. Featured as Inspiring Indian by The Times Group. Life is still unfolding for me. Lots to be written in the coming years. You can read some old news about me here: https://goo.gl/NGhwRi and my short story here( reprint of the story which was published in the Times Group book): https://goo.gl/cNtHgi Last but not the least, I am grateful to my mom & dad, my sisters, my friends, my fans for filling my life with love & happiness. Amen!