The term of video SEO is used to describe video content optimization for search engine traffic. In other words, Is the process of improving ranking or visibility in video search engines as well as in the organic search results for major search engines-with traffic being directed to your website.
Search engine optimization has changed dramatically over the past few years and nowadays Video SEO is an essential part of any online marketing campaign. It can help your business grow and meet the business objectives. It’s high-quality content and SEO services that will attract links naturally over time.
There are four main pillars to take in account to strategically succeed in SEO:
1. Target your audience
2. Build legible and relevant content on your site
3. Optimize your site structure for people and search engine be able to find you
4. Drive attention to your site with things like Social Media Marketing, Video SEO, Pay-per-click and many more tactics.
SEO has become so important to today’s markets because people spend much more on an online presence. Customers are online which means you need to find them there as well. When people want to know about anything now, they go directly to a search engine. How many times you’ve been in a discussion with someone and did you appeal to your phone, computer for the answer?
Making sure you have an optimized website will help you get more traffic and increase profits. And focusing on SEO strategies will help you rank your site on the front page of the search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and much more. SEO helps the engines figure out what each page is about, and how it may be useful for users. That is why it is important to make your website easy for both users and search engine platforms to understand.
Why is Video SEO important?
Video SEO is the act of providing the information that your video wants to transmit to target the audience your business wants to reach. Ranking of Google first Page is what SEO is all about. After saying that, it is important to mention that Google ranks highly the websites that contain videos of them. Not only that but Video not only increases your chances to be in the top rankings but also increases the time people engage on your page after clicking it through Google.
These are some of the reasons why video SEO is vital on a marketing campaign:
- YouTube is the world’s second biggest search engine. Considering the previous and that YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day you can understand the potential of using this search engine. Videos with SEO strategies included can reach more traffic than those who don’t use them.
- Since Google owns YouTube by using YouTube your video will rank highly in the top results on Google.
- Video content generates social signs. By nature, videos are more likely to turn viral. They can spread super fast on the Internet and because they are so viral, people are more likely to share them via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media channels. Google pays close attention to social signals like “likes”, “+1”, “pins” and shares, which is a key reason why video marketing is so important for search engine optimization.
How adding SEO to your videos can impact rankings?
Video content has been sky rocking and is getting more and more popular every day. According to Cisco trends, it would take more than 5 million years to watch a number of videos uploaded on the Internet each month by 2021. Every second, a million minutes of video content will cross the network. And video advertising and marketing have not been left behind. It is expected to almost double in the next four years.
The reason for such rapid growth in video advertising is its effectiveness. Consumers remember videos more than information crammed in one image. It creates an experience for the customer. A video has the benefits of sharing emotions thought motion picture, music, and talking. People find videos more engaging and informative on a more personal level. If done properly with creativity, originality, and fun, it can create a huge impact on its viewers.
How to optimize your videos?
Video SEO, If used correctly, can be an extremely powerful form of content and make a significant contribution to your overall SEO strategy, in more ways than one.
Consider the following tips about video SEO to put your business ahead of the competition:
1) High-quality content that will convince users to dedicate time to watch your video. Quality over Quantity. A study released by Microsoft revealed that people have an attention span of 8 seconds, so you want to make your video short but with relevant content to keep the viewer entertained and interested.
2) Host the video on your own domain so search engines don’t direct the traffic to another site. With a Third-party or self-hosting is easier to customize the video player and build links back to your domain embeds while YouTube and Vimeo can get your content in front of more viewers and will naturally rank well. So, it is important to diversify your options and not to stick only with one.
3) Make your video more interactive and engaging giving options to your viewers in an original and creative way. The animation is very popular, attractive and can be kept simple. Explain your business in a fun and engaging way to keep visitors on your website. It will not only benefit your rankings but also help with lower bounce rates and higher conversions.
4) The Title and Meta-tags should be relevant to your video content and target. Think about what is the best way to describe your video. It will be the preview of your content in the search engines. You want to describe the main ideas without showing too much but making sure the keywords are what your potential viewers are looking for.
5) Name the video with descriptive and legible keywords related to your business and industry to your audience and the search engines.
6) The thumbnail should be clear and relevant. It will make the viewer decide if he wants to click it or not. Keep it simple and attractive. Use keywords that can capture the viewer’s attention.
7) Make your content shareable by being unique and creative. The quality of your content is what it will make your video stand out! Get your potential visitors attention by creating something special, fun and attractive.
8) Add a video transcript with specific keywords to help search engines discover your content and make your audience learn about it.It will improve its find-ability and add significance.
9) Create a video sitemap. A video’s sitemap is another way to present the video’s content. It allows you to provide additional information, data, and details that the search engines need to have a clearer idea of your video. This information can include duration, rating, view count, age appropriateness, country restrictions, expiration dates, live streams, etc.
10) Increase the lifespan of your video by changing the original in shorter videos, or a preview, or creating an info-graphic and upload it to your social media leading your audience to your site.
11) Show an option for your video to embed so your viewers can easily post it on their site or blog.
12) Promote your content as much as possible. Become a social media guru using all the social media platforms to boost your video’s SEO efforts.Make social media share buttons accessible in your video so your viewers can share them at their own social media platforms. This will increase the likelihood of your video and help to drive more traffic to your site. Socialize your content to drive transparency, bring customers to your site and build additional SEO.
13) Links are the means by which search engines navigate the web. Connect your links from one site to another one. It will generate trust and confidence. You can drive links from sites related to your market, or sites that your users are actively engaged or where competitor have links, like blogs and forums.
Do what is best for your customer and focus on their experience and keep in mind that search engines are your consumers too. Remember the following:
- Match your visitors’ interest.
- Quality over quantity.
- Be original and unique.
- Build literal and specific content. Avoid ambiguity and generality.
- Provide a compelling user experience.
- Networking: speak, share, listen, publish, and promote yourself.
- Diversify. Explore all your options and don’t be afraid to expand.
- Optimize content experience for humans and search engines.
SEO can be overwhelming when trying to do it ourselves. But don’t worry, there are many companies where you can buy SEO services or contact an SEO consultant to help your business grow. No matter what, the first step is to learn about SEO and you are already there. You have learned what is it, why it is important and how to pursue it.
Jason Mayoral has been actively involved in SEO and Internet marketing since 1999. Jason’s knowledge and experience have made him one of the most respected and referenced SEO’s in the industry and his passion for innovation and growth has led his company, RebelCorp.us, to become one of the world’s leading online marketing firms