Google Webmaster Tool is one of the most useful tools in the hands of webmasters and SEO experts, as it gives a lot of useful information about a properly verified site. The kind of information available in Google Webmaster tool can help you understand your site’s performance on search engines in detail. The following information
Google Webmaster Tool is one of the most useful tools in the hands of webmasters and SEO experts, as it gives a lot of useful information about a properly verified site. The kind of information available in Google Webmaster tool can help you understand your site’s performance on search engines in detail.
The following information is available in Google Webmaster account:
1) Links: It avails you information about every cached link pointing to your site. It shows all links irrespective of attributes like No follow or do-follow. Besides, it shows the number of links pointing to a particular page with details of the domain. Not only this Google webmaster tool also shows internal links.
2) Your site on search engines: I like this feature the most as it gives a glimpse all the keywords for which my site ranks for along with the impressions, Click Through rate, Increment, Average Rankings, increment in rankings etc.
Cralwer Data: Google Webmaster Tool
3) Crawler Access: It also avails data about Google bots. The downloaded data etc.
4) Errors: A site without errors can rank quite well. This helped me a lot to remove all kinds of errors pertaining to HTTP, page not found etc.
5) Site’s Speed: Google Webmaster tool helps to see your site’s performance by providing you an average of aggregated data from different users. It shows the speed (or slowness) of your site compared to other sites. This feature is available in Google Labs.
Since this post is about using Google Webmaster tool to keeps your link building campaign on track, I would not wander much from the topic (Which I am often accused of doing).
Google Webmaster Tool Interface
Login to the webmaster account for your site. Go to “your site on the web” on the left hand side.
Click on the drop down menu. You will see several options like: Search Queries, Links to your site, Keywords, internal links etc.
Choose Links to your site”. You will see three blocks here: Who links the most: How your data is linked: Your most linked content along with a Total number of links along with an option to see more for each block.
Each section is full of information. “Who links the most” section shows the number of links from each domain.
Number of Backlinks from different domains data
How your data is linked shows the anchor texts of the links. It does not show the number of links for each anchor text but it shows the anchor text which has a maximum number at the top and which has least at last. Here you can check the variations of the anchor texts.
Now if you are targeting a keyword XYZ but if this anchor text has been ignored you can instruct your link building services provider to fine-tune the link building strategy and make links with the exact more links with the exact anchor text.
Google Webmaster tool is a very resourceful application for webmaster. The more you explore the more you will learn.
Award-Winning SEO Company, SEO Corporation provides advanced link building services. Visit SEO Company India now!
Entrepreneur, Virgo, speaker, writer, a pampered son & a loving brother. Featured as Inspiring Indian by The Times Group. Life is still unfolding for me. Lots to be written in the coming years. You can read some old news about me here: https://goo.gl/NGhwRi and my short story here( reprint of the story which was published in the Times Group book): https://goo.gl/cNtHgi Last but not the least, I am grateful to my mom & dad, my sisters, my friends, my fans for filling my life with love & happiness. Amen!